Thursday, August 5, 2010

Swimming Lessons

For the past two weeks, Savannah has been attending her first swim lesson class. They met on Monday through Thursday mornings from 10:15 - 10:45. I wasn't sure how much Savannah would actually "learn", but I figured it's never too early for her to learn about being in the water. It was a "mommy and me" class, so I was in the water to help her. And of course, Savannah's little buddy, Jake, was in the class as well. Caleb came one day to watch and take pictures for us, so here is the little swimmer in action.
Now that class is over, I can tell a big difference in Savannah when it comes to swimming. No, she cannot swim, but she is much more comfortable laying on her belly (while I hold her with only one hand) and kicking. She is also more playful in the water and doesn't want to just cling to me. She isn't as afraid to go under water either. She also loooooves going down the little kiddie water slide. More pictures of that in an upcoming post. I'm proud of my little swimmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment