Thursday, May 26, 2011

House Damage


Last night we had some really bad storms in North Texas. Tornado season is in full bloom and there were tornado warnings and watches for all of our area. With some of the extremely severe tornadoes that have happened so far this year, I tend to get a little more nervous when we're under a warning.

It was after Savannah was in bed before the rain and strong winds started, but when they did it was serious. The rain was hitting our windows so hard and I had seen on facebook that someone posted a tornado was spotted just a few miles down the highway from us.

Caleb was watching the weather and didn't seem to think it was all that bad for our area, but I didn't care. I got Savannah out of bed and went to sit with her in our hall bathroom (the only room in the house that doesn't have an external wall or windows!). I stayed in there for about 10 minutes, until Caleb said the worst was past us. Luckily, Savannah slept through the whole thing and I was glad to know I could go to bed without being under a tornado watch.

The next morning, I woke up to find an email from Caleb telling me to look out the back window. So I did. And this is what I saw:

Apparently the winds WERE that bad!



 
I took Savannah down later on to inspect the damage done. Bless her little heart...she didn't know what to think! She kept saying "oh no" and just looking at it all.



When I repeatedly told her it was broken, she would just say "no, I pick up" and try to move a piece of the broken wood. 



For the next couple of days, any time she looked out the window down at her wrecked club house, she would tell whoever was near "Wook! (look) Oh no."

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend. It was Memorial Day weekend last year that Caleb spent the entire weekend building this play house for her. We can't believe it's ruined. Especially since there are probably 10 other play houses similar to this one in our neighborhood and every single one of them are still standing...except ours. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment