Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


This was my second year to celebrate Mother's Day and it is such a great day to be thankful for my baby girl and the little boy that we will welcome into our family soon. I feel so blessed to be given the opportunity to be a mother, something I've always want to be. And especially to my sweet little Savannah who brings SO much love and joy into my life each day!

On Saturday evening, Caleb and Savannah took me shopping for my Mother's Day gift at James Avery. This is what I chose. I love the cross and the pearl is Savannah's birthstone. Afterwards, we went to dinner at a delicious mexican food restaurant, Gloria's.


Sunday morning, we went to church and that's where Savannah made this cute little card for me:

We met Caleb's parents for lunch at a restaurant just a few miles from our house and enjoyed great food and getting to visit with them. Then we headed home for naps! Afterwards, Caleb took a few pictures of Savannah and I.
 She is so proud of the necklace that she "bought for mommy". Anytime I wear it, she is sure to point it out!


 Sweet kisses from my sweet angel. They always come with a "muah" sound effect! :)

 I honestly could NOT love this little cutie pie any more than I do. I am so proud to be her mommy and so thankful that God blessed me with such an amazing gift!

This evening, we had my family over for dinner to give my mom a "break" and say "thanks" for all the times she's cooked for us and had the whole family over. All my siblings were able to make it and we just enjoyed a mexican dinner, "table-talk" and the Mavs "sweeping" the Lakers in round 1 of the NBA playoffs.

I didn't take any pictures this evening with my mom, but I sure have been blessed with a great mom! She is a fantastic role model for me and a big help when I need it with Savannah. I'm really not sure how she managed to be pregnant with, give birth to and raise SEVEN of us kiddos, but I'm thankful that she sacrificed her body, her time and her wants to be the best mom possible!  And in my opinion, she has done, and is continuing to do, a fantastic job!

I am forever grateful that I have been blessed with the privilege to be pregnant not just once, but twice! Being able to experience the movements of an unborn child is miraculous and experiencing the unconditional love is priceless. I wouldn't trade it for the world!! I am so excited that I am getting to experience the movements of our little boy as I type this and that I will get to meet him soon! God has truly blessed our family in so many ways. I pray that I will be the best mother possible for my children and that they will see God in me and learn to know and love Him at an early age.

No comments:

Post a Comment