Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hudson's First Birthday Party

I was originally kinda stumped on what to do for Hudson's first birthday party. I knew it would really be a party for kids in the age range of one to three since {almost} all of our friends also have a child Savannah's age. I had also already intended to have Savannah's party at our house this year, so I didn't want to have two parties back to back {since their birthdays are only 20 days apart} at home.

After looking around on the internet a little, I decide on having his party at The Little Gym. Next, I needed a theme. For this, I did a little 'research' on Pinterest which is where I found this idea:


A classic red ball party. 

This was perfect for Hudson! He loves balls and it was also his first word. It was a simple idea, yet so cute! So, I set out to re-create this cute party and throw in a few other Pinterest inspired projects.

Here is the invitation that I found on Etsy:



Here are some pictures of what I ended up with:

{The whole table setting}


{The food end.}

Cupcakes were made by Sweetums Cupcake Co. and a red gumball was placed on top.

Cake ball pops were made by my brother's sweet girlfriend, miss Emily.

Cherry Jell-O shots {alcohol-free}, made by me.

Aside from the sweet things, we had chicken nuggets from Chick-Fil-A, a bowl of mixed fruit and individual chip bags.

The other end of the table was for the 'birthday book' and party favors.


The picture of Hudson is the same one used on the invitation. I had purchased an awesome deal off of Living Social several weeks earlier for canvas prints and used one for this. The canvas is excellent quality, the company had great customer service and this 16x20 print will now hang in the play room.

The framed number '1' was another Pinterest inspired project. I bought the cardboard number at Hobby Lobby and covered it with red ribbons. The polka-dot background is tissue paper.
The 'birthday book' is an idea that I stole several years ago from my friend Timina. I find a book that correlates with the party theme and write a letter on the inside cover to the birthday person. Then, ask all the party guests to write a little message, too. I do this for Savannah and Hudson. They will have a fun collection of books with a special letter inside and messages from friends.


The party favors were red round lollipops that I purchased from Etsy.

We had so many sweet friends and family come out to celebrate with us. We had fund running around, playing games and being silly.






















 

The birthday boy had a blast!!











We had such a fun time celebrating our sweet boy and look forward to many, many more celebrations for him!



2 comments:

  1. That is adorable Amy! So cute!!!! I can't believe he's one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job on his party! The food was great and you know my boys both had a blast! I may never forget those cupcakes, though. Thank goodness someone told me Riverson put that gumball in his mouth! :)

    ReplyDelete