Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Festivities

Our Halloween parties kicked off on Friday night. Our friends, Denny and Bridget, hosted a 'fall festival' for the kiddos. I didn't take any pictures that night, but there were probably 20 kids and almost as many adults. We enjoyed all kinds of good finger foods and sweets. Denny and Bridget had turned their garage into an 'arts and craft room' for the kids to decorate pumpkins and cupcakes and color pictures. We had fun visiting with friends and meeting new people while Savannah and Hudson ran around with the other kids there.

I had hoped to dress Savannah and Hudson as Raggedy Anne and Andy this year, but Savannah had her little heart set on being Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She has never seen that movie so I was surprised at how firm she was on being that princess. I was just happy when she was willing to wear the big brown haired wig! Seeing her with so much hair is fun.

I searched all over, looking for a character from that movie to dress Hudson as, but there was nothing small enough for him. So, I decided to just go with something he loves: Elmo.


Saturday night, was trick or treating downtown at all the businesses. The town has done this every year as a way to offer "safe" trick or treating to the community. Since we live outside city limits and the houses are spread out a bit, it's nice to have one central place to take the kids and see so many people we know. Jason and Joy met us so that Keifer could join in on the fun.



We made our way around downtown and the kids loved having people put candy in their bucket!



 

 Our next Halloween party came on Tuesday at Savannah's school. All the children got to dress up in their costumes. Parents were invited to come with their child trick-or-treating at about 10 businesses and then attending the class pizza party.

Savannah waiting with her class.

Getting goodies...



Taking a break for a class picture.

Off to get a little more sugar...


Savannah and her friend, Ranly. They are also in dance class together.

Back in the classroom for a pizza party.

Each child's parents brought a food item to share with the class. Look at these yummy cupcakes!


And lastly, there was Halloween day.
Our photographer friend offered free pictures for any one who stopped by his studio dressed in costume. So I took the kids up there first thing Wednesday and got this sweet picture taken:


That evening, once Caleb was home from work and we ate dinner, I took the kids to a few houses around the neighborhood. I was going to pull them in the wagon, but then realized how much easier it would be to let Savannah drive her little car around. So that's what we did.


Hudson loved the concept: hold out your candy bucket, adult lowers a basket full of candy, grab a handful and stick it in your candy bucket, then head to the next house! He wasn't shy about this at all.


Our neighbor, Marilyn Monroe {aka, Jenna}

Needless to say, their costumes got put to good use {and Savannah's doubles as a dress to hang with her other dress up clothes} and we have more candy than we should have for a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment