Saturday, October 20, 2012

Savannah's First Dance Preformance {VIDEO}

Today was a busy day, to say the least. Caleb had a patient appreciation day at his office, so he was gone from 8 in the morning until mid-afternoon. I had been asked several weeks ago if Savannah and Hudson would be able to partake in a mini photo shoot that morning for a local boutique. I was also helping host a baby shower in the afternoon. 

But, in between all the running around, Savannah's dance class was preforming at our town's fall festival. This is what I was most excited about today.

The photo shoot took longer than expected and we got to the fall festival just 15 minutes before her class was to preform. I felt so rushed as I carried Hudson on my hip {didn't even think to grab the stroller} and help Savannah walk fast through the crowds of people to find where she was preforming. Once there, I quickly got her change into her costume and took a few pictures. Savannah was eager to dance, that is, until she realized she would be getting on the stage. That's when she started saying she didn't want to do it. 

Within minutes, her class was lining up to go on the stage and Savannah started to pull away. She did not want to go on the stage. I told her I would go stand with her, so I walked up on to the stage with her long enough for her to see that Caleb was right next to her, just off to the side of the stage. 

Knowing that now she did not want to dance on stage, I was happy just to have her up there. I figured she would get 'stage-fright' and not actually dance, but I was happy that she at least did not have a melt down or refuse to get on the stage.

I hurried around to the front of the crowd {probably annoying other parents} trying to find a good spot to videotape. And much to my surprise, Savannah kept her eyes on her teacher and did the whole dance routine better than she had ever done! I was one proud momma!

*She's on the left in the back row*



For those who know Savannah, know that she is shy, especially in a crowd. So her over-coming her 'stage-fright' is what made me most proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment