Savannah will be two weeks old tomorrow, but the pediatrician will be gone, so they wanted to see Savannah today. It was raining and parking felt like a mile away from the door. Once we got into Dr. Breeze's office, I was handed a clipboard loaded with paperwork to fill out. The nurse took us back to an exam room and proceeded to ask me questions such as: 'Do you breastfeed? Does your baby always sleep on her back? Are there any pets in your house?'....there was a whole list that she asked me. Then, I had to answer them all over again in the paperwork. Savannah was getting fussy and I knew it was time for her to eat. Being the smart one, I did NOT have a bottle with me, so I had to nurse her while I answer a thousand questions on paper.
The doctor came in and went over all the normal things that should or could happen and all the things that are reason for concern. Most were things that I had already been told by my mid-wives. She did a little exam on Savannah and then she sent in a nurse to do the heel prick. Since Savannah had done excellent the first time she had to have this done at 2 days old, I just knew she would do great again. WRONG!!!! Remember, she was already fussy and having a needle stuck in her heel did not help anything. She cried as hard as she has ever cried, big tears coming from her eyes and there was nothing I could do to calm her down. It broke my heart. It took at least 5-10 minutes for her to relax and then we headed home.
Measurements-
Height: 20.5 inches (she's grown half an inch) 51%
Weight: 7lbs. 10 ozs (only 4 ozs above her birth weight) 26%
Head: 14cm 51%
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment