Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Savannah slept later than Caleb and I on Christmas morning, but once she was up, we got started with opening gifts. Stockings were first and she loved reaching her hand deep down and pulling out something fun.



Once the stockings were emptied of all their goodies, we went over to the Christmas tree and got started on unwrapping presents. Savannah was super excited about tearing the wrapping paper off, but somehow, I managed to buy "special" wrapping paper and it was virtually impossible for her (or me) to tear. I finally just got some scissors to cut it off.



And her favorite gift, by far, is this baby doll. The baby giggles when you tickle her tummy, cries, says "mama", blinks, closes her eyes to sleep" and even makes a sucking noise/motion when you feed her a bottle. Savannah sat to play with her in the middle of opening gifts and it was so sweet watching her! Especially knowing that we will be having a real little baby in the house in about 5 months.


Her second favorite gift was probably this Little People car. The seats lefts up for storage underneath and she loves to "store" things. It also has two buttons that play music, so she loves to push those over and over and over.




And of course, what could be better than playing with BOTH favorite toys at once? So, baby got to go for a ride on the car:

After finishing with all the gifts, we ate breakfast and got dressed before heading up to my parents house. Here, we took gifts to my sister and two youngest brothers and they gave their gifts to Savannah.






After we visited my family for a while, we headed back home for a nap. Mainly for Savannah, but I was ready for one, too! After we were up again, we loaded up and went over to Caleb's parents house. I'm glad his extended family Christmas was at his parents because they only live about 20 minutes from us...I don't like long drives on holidays! I think there were over forty people there, yes, I said FORTY. We ate and visited with aunts, uncles and cousins. 

This is a picture of all the cousins and the spouses/babies of the four cousins that are married.
Caleb's brother, Daniel, and his wife, Lindsey. 
 Caleb's grandmother and Haven (Caleb's cousin's daughter).

Once the crowd left to go home, we hung around to open gifts with Caleb's immediate family.

 Savannah being pulled around in her new wagon!!
 Excited about using her new coloring set with her aunt Lindsey.
I'm really not sure how I don't have more pictures from being over at Caleb's parents, or even a single picture WITH Caleb's parents, but I don't. This is all I have. We did have a great time and Savannah loves all of the gifts she got for Christmas this year.

Our little family sure is blessed and we are excited that we will have a new little bundle of joy to celebrate with next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment