Thursday, February 10, 2011

Baby Boy Update


I am 24 weeks and 5 days into this pregnancy. It is going by so fast and hard to believe we'll be a family of four in less than four months. I have so many things to do before this little guy comes, but I am SO ready to meet him and hold him.

I had my monthly appointment with my mid-wife this morning. Everything is great except for when I stepped on the scale. I gained eight pounds during the past 4 weeks since my last appointment. Eight pounds!! I was in total shock when I saw where the hand on the scale stopped. I even stepped off the scale and tried again. Only to get the same weight. Boo.

I'm suppose to gain approximately one pound a week at this point and I didn't feel like I gained "extra", but my mid-wife wasn't concerned. She said I didn't really start gaining weight until my 20th week, so I had a little "catching up" to do. I had been a little below the "average" weight gain and now I'm right on track.

When it came time to measure my belly, my mid-wife told me that maybe the baby had a growth spurt during this past month and that could also explain my "extra" weight. Sure enough, my belly is measuring about a week ahead of my due date. With Savannah, my belly always measured a week or two behind my due date and she was born only one day early. So, maybe baby boy will be here a little early (I'd be happy with that) or maybe he's going to be a big baby although I'd prefer him to be about the same size as Savannah: 7 pounds 6 ounces.

All in all, baby boy is doing good. He had a beautiful sounding heart beat of 150 bpm. I'm feeling great and everything is going as it should, but I guess I'll have to start laying off the cookies and ice cream. My next appointment will be in four weeks and then I start going every two weeks.

We still haven't decided on a name. Nothing has felt like "the" name to me just yet. I have made progress with his room though. I met with a lady about having custom bedding made and am excited about how it will look! Rich, chocolate brown with a hint of gold, leopard print and slate blue are in the color scheme. Stay tuned for more details and pictures when we start getting the room put together. For now, enjoy this picture of my ever growing belly:


No comments:

Post a Comment