That's right. We're going on our fourth snow day. The first three days were actually just ice, but today, we actually had SNOW!
I didn't post about yesterday because it was uneventful although we did get out of the house. We went to Caleb's office for a little while and then out to lunch with Caleb. After Savannah's nap, she and I went to visit my brother, Jason and sister-in-law, Joy while Caleb went to work. We also made a quick trip to wal-mart before heading home just to stock on a few more groceries.
Told ya...it was pretty boring.
But today was fun! We woke up to a thick blanket of pretty white snow. Probably 4 to 5 inches deep. After we ate breakfast, I asked Savannah if she wanted to go outside to play in the snow. The girl could not have been more excited as she exclaimed "yeah!" with a huge smile on her face.
I took her back to her room to get her out of her jammies and layer on warm clothes. She was so excited, when I got her pants out for her to wear, she laid herself on the floor and with her jammies still on, she tried to put on her pants! After I calmed her excited little self down, I put her in two pair of tights, jeans, a body suit, thermal shirt and sweater. Then, she was topped of with snow boots, a scarf and coat, hat and gloves. Sure, it sounds like a lot, but I hate being cold and didn't want my little girl to be cold either.
She was set to go.
We started to go out front to play and Caleb planned to build a snowman.
But, the snow was just like powder and unable to even form a snowball, much less a snowman! Savannah was more interested in going to play on her fort (which was covered in snow) in the back yard, so we ended up spending out time outside back on the play ground.
Savannah didn't want to touch the snow. She mostly wanted to play on her fort and slide on the slide. There was too much snow, on top of a layer of ice, for her to do much of that. We did spend about 45 minutes out in the snow before we called it quits. Poo girl need warm, sunny days because her play ground just wasn't fun with all that snow!
Temperatures are said to rise above freezing for the next couple days before the next snow event hits sometime next week. Maybe we'll be able to build a snowman then!

No comments:
Post a Comment