Savannah is no longer a fan of her high chair. She never has been really, but lately it's just pointless to try putting her in it. I got in a bad habit of letting her eat snacks in the living room. Now, she'd much rather eat every meal and whenever it's time to eat, she points to the living room then whines when I won't let her go in there to eat.
Because I don't want to let her always eat in the living room and she refuses to eat in her high chair, we've compromised. She now sits in her "big girl chair" at the table in the kitchen. I think she doesn't like the high chair at all now because she gets to sit at a "child-size" table to eat at all the programs she attends (MDO, BSF and Sunday School). The one big difference is: our table is counter height and the chairs are very tall.
Yes, I was nervous the first few times I sat her at the table to eat. But now that we've been doing this for a couple weeks, it all seems fine. She has always been a "still" child and sitting in her "big girl chair" is no different. She sits on the bathroom counter while I get ready in the morning. She sits on the kitchen counter while I cook. She will sit on her changing table while I get her clothes. She does all of this without attempting or evening coming close to falling and has done so since she's been able to sit on her own.
Tonight at dinner, as she sat in her "big girl chair" I just got to thinking about how grown-up she looks while sitting there. Enjoying some chips and cheese dip, one of her very favorite things to eat, she sat at the table for over 30 minutes completely perfect.
She even cleans up her messes when she is done:
And wipes the cheesy mess off of her face:
My baby girl is growing up so fast, but she makes me so proud! And she is going to be a BIG help in a few months as a wonderful big sister!
No comments:
Post a Comment