Sunday, September 18, 2011

Family Day Sunday


Now that our swimming pool is finally finished, we're trying to soak up the last couple of weeks of warm-enough-to-swim weather. I will admit that the water has still been too cold for me to want to swim, but the heater got hooked up on Saturday, so we heated our pool and it sure did feel good! And because the water finally feels good, we decided (late last night) to invite some of my family to come over after church.

My parents, grandma, sister and two youngest brothers came over today after church for lunch and a couple hours of swimming. We just had sandwiches for a quick lunch then headed outside for swimming fun! Luckily, as soon as we were finished eating, it was time for Hudson to take a nap and he slept from 1-3 so I was able to enjoy a couple uninterrupted hours outside.


Savannah was SO excited to have her uncles Parker and Landon to come swim with her because she's been asking for them all week long. 

The weather was warm and sunny, just perfect! Everyone had a good time and I'd say it was a great way to spend our Sunday! I just wish our pool had been finished earlier in the summer so we could have been doing this more!

Savannah's fun continued when our neighbor, Jenna, came to swim and stay to play. It was a long day filled with fun for Savannah, so I think we'll take it easy at home tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment