Sunday, June 16, 2013

4th Birthday on Father's Day {video}

After going into Savannah's room and signing Happy Birthday to her, we walked her up to the living room where she found this waiting for her.





We let her open all of her presents before quickly getting ready to go to church.




Aunt Abby got Savannah the Ariel dress-up clothes. It's a little big, but Ariel is currently Savannah's favorite princess.


We let her take donut holes to her Sunday School class as a treat. Since my dad owned a donut shop when I was little, I remember taking donuts to church and all of my friends loving it! Savannah's teachers told me that the kids enjoyed it and everyone thought it was a fun thing to do.
She's wearing the new charm bracelet that my mom gave her. It has a charm that represents something special for each year of her life so far. A pearl (her birthstone) for her birth year, a baby shoe with Hudson's birthstone, ballerina slippers and a teacup. My mom plans to add a charm each year. Also, if you look closely, you will see the little cross necklace that Caleb's mom gave her. It is so sweet and just perfect for Savannah. Below is Savannah newest pose: hand on hip, skirt held out and toe pointed. Oh how I love this girly-girl of mine!
Savannah also go to see one of her favorite people, Mr. Ronnie. He was the one person Savannah would willingly go to when she was in the toddler (1 year-old) class. And he has held a special place in her heart ever since!

We went to lunch after church today and these pictures were taken there. Savannah looks so grown up to me!



The waiters sang Happy Birthday to Savannah and she was not too sure about it!



Today is also Father's Day and Caleb's gift was a new gun, but I also did this for him.


Last year was the first year I did the questionnaire and I think it's fun to see how her answers change.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool and had a fun family day together.

~~~~~ Savannah's Birthday Letter ~~~~~

You are growing up so fast and act much more mature than a typical four-year-old. You are patient, helpful, considerate, loving, polite, a leader, smart, and just a good girl. You make your daddy and I very happy proud. You have eased us into parenthood nicely!

You love to learn and learning about Jesus is one of your favorites. You are always so excited about going to church and really do soak up all of the good lessons taught. I love how you often re-tell your Sunday School lesson throughout the week and how you keep our family accountable to the good things you learn. You love to pray and especially pray for others, like Mrs. Cheryl and Rosalie. You have the sweetest heart and I can't wait for the day that you accept Christ to live in it forever!

This year, you attended WEE School for the first time. You are advanced, even though you have a later birthday than most of your class, but some of the new things you learned are: writing your ABC's and your name, simple addition and phonics. You also know quite a bit of Spanish, thanks to Dora the Explorer.

Dancing and singing are what you love to do the most, so this year we enrolled you into your very first dance class. You loved it and did so well in your recital. We were all amazed that you didn't get stage fright.

Between school and dance, you became friends with several new girls, but you became best friends with Ranly. I think it was your shy and reserved personalities that drew you two together. She is the first "best friend" that you've ever had. You girls love to spend time together playing baby dolls or dressing up. I even caught you two in your closet trying on all of your shoes. The other two girls you really love are Ashley {from school} and Natalia {from dance}.

Your girly personality is still shining and you prefer to wear a dress over anything else. More specifically, you often choose which dress to wear based on how well it twirls. The bigger and more full the twirl, the better the dress. Following in my footsteps, you have a love for shoes and always have a say in which shoes to wear. And, of course, no outfit is complete without the perfect bow or headband.

When you aren't singing or dancing or playing dress-up, you are being a mini-momma to Hudson. If you could take me place, you would in a heartbeat. You love to take care of him and that's not always easy. Yet somehow, you do it so well. Even if that means giving up something that was yours. The way you care for your little brother is amazing! I hope you always have such a special, close relationship! The amount of fun you two have together is beyond anything I've ever seen. He has helped bring you out of your shy and reserved shell. You can make each other laugh like no one else can and play so well together. You both love to love on each other and watching that is the sweetest thing ever!

You are such a huge blessing to our family and I am so thankful for all that you are. Even though you only turned four this year, all you can talk about is your "five birthday." Daily, you refer to things you will do when you are five and have already asked me what we are doing for your "five year party." Part of me wants to freeze time and keep you just as you are, but at the same time I can't wait to see who you grow up to be and all the fun adventures we get to have along the way. With all the talking you do about being five, you always reassure me that you still be my baby girl. And that makes me smile.

I love you sweet girl. Thank you for making my dreams come true and turning me into a mommy four years ago. These have been the best four years of my life. You are everything and much more than I could have ever hoped for and I will love you forever and always, to the moon and back.

Love ~ Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment