After planning Hudson's first birthday party and Savannah 3rd birthday party, back to back last year, I decided then that this year they would have a joint party. But as May and June grew closer, I was having a hard time deciding on the perfect theme to fit both of them. In March, when we went on the Disney cruise, I decided a Mickey and Minnie theme would be a simple, yet perfect, theme for this year.
I knew I wanted to host the party closer to Savannah's birthday since she's the one who actually "gets" what the party is for. I settled on a date and location {same place as Hudson's party last year} and then figured the rest would be simple enough that I didn't need to mess with it...until the week of the party! Who was I kidding?! Of course I ended up staying up way too late every night the entire week leading up to the party, doing all the crafty things I had planned. But as always, it was worth it to me.
I knew I wanted to host the party closer to Savannah's birthday since she's the one who actually "gets" what the party is for. I settled on a date and location {same place as Hudson's party last year} and then figured the rest would be simple enough that I didn't need to mess with it...until the week of the party! Who was I kidding?! Of course I ended up staying up way too late every night the entire week leading up to the party, doing all the crafty things I had planned. But as always, it was worth it to me.
I purchased the invitations from etsy and then had them printed at wal-mart.

The adorable {and delicious} cupcakes were made by the little girl,
Mackenzie who has been making cupcakes for all of our parties the past
few years.
I spent a lot of time cutting our felt and hot-gluing these headbands together.
I knew just how I wanted the table layout to be and it turned out just as I had envisioned.
I painted a canvas to make the "Happy Birthday" sign. I made Jell-O, chocolate covered pretzels and had little cups of grapes to go along with the pizza we ordered.
Every year, I find a book for each child that is in line with the party theme to have all the party guests to sign. I painted styrofoam balls to make the Mickey and Minnie heads. The red painted cardboard box is recycled from Hudson's party last year. I put that centerpiece on a cake stand just to give it a little extra height.
I write a letter every year to put in their book about things they do and how much I love them! I
used a little bit of scrap fabric to cover the cardboard number 4 and I
used scrap booking paper to cover the number 2.
Savannah asked if it
would only be people she knew at the party. When I told her "yes" she
got even more excited. And once her BFF, Ranly, showed up she was beyond
excited!
We had so many sweet friends come to play. She really loved playing with all of her little girl friends and this was by far the most fun she's had at her own birthday party! Hudson just loved being able to run around and do lots of fun things!
If I had to guess, I would say bouncing around on this inflated runway was everyone's favorite!
Savannah and Maddie, running to get back on!
After and hour of fun and games, we went into the party room for pizza and snacks.
And then it was time to sing Happy Birthday and eat cupcakes!
Yeah, I didn't think about the mess and stains the red icing would make!
"Hold me, daddy!"
The party was so much fun and we loved having so many sweet friends come to play with us!
{L to R: Phinley, Maddie, Savannah, Ranly, Alyssa, Keifer, Natalia, Holland, Caroline, Kyler, Kaden, Aleea, Kayla. :Front Row: Ava, Hudson and Tred. Not pictured - Diego and baby Savannah.}
And our family, too!
When we got home at nearly 8:00, we let the kids open all their gifts from their friends.
They love each other so much!
Your parties are always worthy of being featured in a magazine of something...wow! I want to come to one! Can't believe Savannah is 4!!! Gideon will be 4 in a few months! Crazy!
ReplyDelete