On our last day of vacation, we spent most of our afternoon at the beach. A few days earlier, someone that was on their last day of vacation gave us their boogie board so they wouldn't have to take it on their flight home. Caleb took this opportunity to teach Savannah how to use it.

Much to our surprise, Savannah caught on quickly and did so well! She loved riding the waves! A lady watching us was so impressed that she was video taping Savannah. She told us {afterwards} that she was on a "girls trip" with her friends from college and watching Savannah reminded her of her grandchildren. She video taped Savannah so she could show them how much fun they would have there.
She was the cutest little boogie-boarding girl out there!
| I adore this picture. Daddy with his little girl and her little arm around his neck. Melt. My. Heart. |
Meanwhile, Hudson just wanted to play in the sand. He really didn't care for the water or the waves much. But he was one happy little boy in that sand!
He found a sand castle built and left by someone else. |
![]() |
| Running on the beach! |
I got to have a little mommy-daughter time with my favorite girl.
Such a little cutie!


One of the biggest highlights of our vacation was when Savannah and Hudson decided to hold a tiny monkey for a picture. While we were at the pool one day, a couple of staff members brought a tiny little monkey near the area we were swimming. So many people lined up to have their picture taken, but when we asked the kids if they wanted to, they both said no. We watched the cute little monkey sit on the shoulders or be held by person after person. He was the cutest little thing!When the line was down to the last few people, we asked the kids one more time if they wanted to hold the monkey. Hudson quickly said 'yes' and got out of the pool. He wasn't afraid of the little monkey at all and the pictures are so cute!
After seeing Hudson with the monkey, Savannah decided she wanted to have a turn also. She was so excited about it once she had done it.
On our last day of vacation, we also had family pictures taken out on the beach. The resort had a photographer for hire so we originally scheduled for 10 a.m. pictures, but that was brutal. It was already so hot and the sun seemed to be right in our eyes. So we tried again just before dinner and that went better. Here are some of the pictures we purchased.
On our travel home day, we had to be check out of the resort by 7 a.m. and be ready for the shuttle pick-up at 8 a.m. {for our 11 a.m. flight}. Caleb took Hudson and our luggage to the front of the hotel to wait for the bus while I took Savannah to get some food for breakfast. The resort is huge. Literally four hotels in one. I got a little lost and almost missed our bus to the airport. Caleb had already loaded our luggage on the bus and the driver was starting to take it off after waiting as long as possible for Savannah and I. Caleb was a little less than happy with me at the moment. Luckily, we made it just in time and then had to stop at 3 or 4 other resorts to pick up more people on their way to the airport.
Once at the airport, we got our bags checked and through security with about an hour to spare. Caleb was happy again.
The flight home was smooth and the kids were great. Hudson actually slept for the first 2 hours and Savannah just watched movies.
After confining the kids to their own seats for the past three hours on the plane. Getting them to stand in a line that long was just impossible. So I left Caleb to deal with the line and I took the kids off to the side where they had a little space to be semi-wild.
It was during this time that I smelt Hudson's dirty diaper, but decided it would just have to wait a little bit longer. Caleb was somewhere in the middle of that crowd of people with the backpack which had the diapers and wipes. Not ten minutes later, Savannah tells me she needs to go potty. I text Caleb and asked him if he thought I had enough time to take her potty and change Hudson's diaper since we would all need to be with him once he got to the front of the line. He said we had time, so I found him and got the backpack then made my way, with both kids, to the "family" restroom.
Such a little cutie!



| My little beach bums. |
| We even talked a stranger into taking our family picture. |


After seeing Hudson with the monkey, Savannah decided she wanted to have a turn also. She was so excited about it once she had done it.

On our last day of vacation, we also had family pictures taken out on the beach. The resort had a photographer for hire so we originally scheduled for 10 a.m. pictures, but that was brutal. It was already so hot and the sun seemed to be right in our eyes. So we tried again just before dinner and that went better. Here are some of the pictures we purchased.





On our travel home day, we had to be check out of the resort by 7 a.m. and be ready for the shuttle pick-up at 8 a.m. {for our 11 a.m. flight}. Caleb took Hudson and our luggage to the front of the hotel to wait for the bus while I took Savannah to get some food for breakfast. The resort is huge. Literally four hotels in one. I got a little lost and almost missed our bus to the airport. Caleb had already loaded our luggage on the bus and the driver was starting to take it off after waiting as long as possible for Savannah and I. Caleb was a little less than happy with me at the moment. Luckily, we made it just in time and then had to stop at 3 or 4 other resorts to pick up more people on their way to the airport.



The flight home was smooth and the kids were great. Hudson actually slept for the first 2 hours and Savannah just watched movies.
.jpg)
It was once we got off the plane than another memorable event happened. The line for customs literally had hundreds of people in it. .jpeg)
.jpeg)
After confining the kids to their own seats for the past three hours on the plane. Getting them to stand in a line that long was just impossible. So I left Caleb to deal with the line and I took the kids off to the side where they had a little space to be semi-wild.
It was during this time that I smelt Hudson's dirty diaper, but decided it would just have to wait a little bit longer. Caleb was somewhere in the middle of that crowd of people with the backpack which had the diapers and wipes. Not ten minutes later, Savannah tells me she needs to go potty. I text Caleb and asked him if he thought I had enough time to take her potty and change Hudson's diaper since we would all need to be with him once he got to the front of the line. He said we had time, so I found him and got the backpack then made my way, with both kids, to the "family" restroom.
As soon as we walked into this disgusting room, I went about the potty break and diaper change as I've done a thousand times before. Sit Hudson on the changing table that is attached to the wall and have him wait there while I sit Savannah on the potty.
When I went to put Savannah on the potty, I noticed that it looked like it could be clogged because the water level a slightly higher than normal and there was toilet paper still in the toilet. I figured we just wouldn't flush it and everything would be fine. Gross, I know, but I didn't have time to mess with it. So I set her on the potty and instructed her to not touch a thing, as I always do. Then turned my attention back to Hudson, who was patiently waiting, about 3 feet away.
I opened his diaper to find the most disgusting mess ever! The poop covered his diaper from front to back and was stinky enough to almost make me gag. I was just getting started on cleaning it off of him when I suddenly heard the "swoooooosh" sound of the toilet flushing. The toilet with Savannah on it.
That's when I realized the toilet had one of those sensors to automatically flush it.
I look over at Savannah where a look of fear has taken over her face. I glance at the toilet and see the water level quickly rising....with Savannah still on the toilet. I panic, thinking about that disgusting, unflushed water touching her. Leaving Hudson and his open, poopy diaper laying on the changing table, I race over to Savannah. I start to grab toilet paper because I wasn't sure if she had finished going potty, but I didn't have time to wipe her. With toilet paper {that was still attached to the roll} in one hand, I scoop Savannah off of the toilet as quickly as possible. Toilet paper is sailing through the air. No sooner did I get her off that toilet, the water flooded over the edge and all over the floor.
When I went to put Savannah on the potty, I noticed that it looked like it could be clogged because the water level a slightly higher than normal and there was toilet paper still in the toilet. I figured we just wouldn't flush it and everything would be fine. Gross, I know, but I didn't have time to mess with it. So I set her on the potty and instructed her to not touch a thing, as I always do. Then turned my attention back to Hudson, who was patiently waiting, about 3 feet away.
I opened his diaper to find the most disgusting mess ever! The poop covered his diaper from front to back and was stinky enough to almost make me gag. I was just getting started on cleaning it off of him when I suddenly heard the "swoooooosh" sound of the toilet flushing. The toilet with Savannah on it.
That's when I realized the toilet had one of those sensors to automatically flush it.
I look over at Savannah where a look of fear has taken over her face. I glance at the toilet and see the water level quickly rising....with Savannah still on the toilet. I panic, thinking about that disgusting, unflushed water touching her. Leaving Hudson and his open, poopy diaper laying on the changing table, I race over to Savannah. I start to grab toilet paper because I wasn't sure if she had finished going potty, but I didn't have time to wipe her. With toilet paper {that was still attached to the roll} in one hand, I scoop Savannah off of the toilet as quickly as possible. Toilet paper is sailing through the air. No sooner did I get her off that toilet, the water flooded over the edge and all over the floor.
We both stood there in shock.
I wiped Savannah's hiney, which was thankfully untouched by the dirty water, then turned my attention back to Hudson.
I wiped Savannah's hiney, which was thankfully untouched by the dirty water, then turned my attention back to Hudson.
Although the events with Savannah seemed to go in slow motion, it all really happened in less than 60 seconds. And in those 60 seconds, Hudson had managed to get poop on his shorts, shoe and leg. I used no less than ten diaper wipes to clean him up and washed all of our hands thoroughly then hauled out of that room as fast as I could!
Less than five minutes later, after he had waited in line for over an hour, Caleb was at the front of the line and we made it through customs. On to baggage claim we went.
We found all five of our bags rather quickly and then had to go through one more check point before finally making our way out of the airport. It was in the line that I retold the events of the restroom to Caleb. He couldn't believe it and the people around us were laughing, too!
Our truck was just outside the building waiting for us, thanks to valet parking! =) It actually didn't end up costing us nearly as much as we feared, thankfully. And that was how our family vacation to Mexico wrapped up. We loved our time away, the kids were excellent and we made so many memories!
Less than five minutes later, after he had waited in line for over an hour, Caleb was at the front of the line and we made it through customs. On to baggage claim we went.
We found all five of our bags rather quickly and then had to go through one more check point before finally making our way out of the airport. It was in the line that I retold the events of the restroom to Caleb. He couldn't believe it and the people around us were laughing, too!
Our truck was just outside the building waiting for us, thanks to valet parking! =) It actually didn't end up costing us nearly as much as we feared, thankfully. And that was how our family vacation to Mexico wrapped up. We loved our time away, the kids were excellent and we made so many memories!

No comments:
Post a Comment