When it came time to start planning Savannah's second birthday party, it didn't take me long to decide on the theme: Curious George. This is the one thing that Savannah has loved for several months. Knowing that her birthday was less then 3 weeks after baby Hudson was due, I knew I would have my hands full and little free time, so I had most things made by other people. It was SO much easier and everything still turned out just as I planned.
I had a birthday shirt made from this Etsy site and then took a few pictures of Savannah and used them as part of the party decoration.
The color scheme was red and yellow with Curious George and banana decor. I ordered several things off of this Etsy site. She was so wonderful to work with and I loved everything she made! Here are some of the things:
Napkin rings
Birthday banner
Cupcake toppers
My dad had some wood that I could use and my sweet sister cut out (and painted) this Curious George for me. Then, we tied two balloons for George to "hold". We used it for the kids to have their picture taken and I planned to use it as a bean bag toss as well, but that didn't happen.
The delicious strawberry and vanilla cupcakes were made by McKenzie Kozak.
I had everyone sign a Curious George birthday book for Savannah. I got this idea from my sweet friend, Timina and plan to do this for every birthday for both Savannah and Hudson.
I made this big "2" using pictures of Savannah from this past year. And I stole this GREAT idea from my creative friend, Jamie, when she did it a couple weeks earlier for her son's second birthday party.
I had a little "game" for the adults to guess how many Runt candy bananas were in the bowl to win a loaf of banana nut bread.
And Stephanie was the winner!
Here are some pictures of the decor all together:
I think all the kids had fun playing in the pools and just playing in general.
Time to sing "Happy Birthday" and eat cupcakes!
Then it came time to open gifts. After seeing what was inside each gift, Savannah would exclaim with excitement, "oh, wook!" She loved each and every gift!
Thank you to all of our sweet family and friends who came to celebrate Savannah's birthday with her. She was SO excited to have a birthday party with her friends and you helped make the day very special!



You did a fabulous job on her party, Amy!!
ReplyDelete