Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Savannah!


To my sweet Savannah ~

How is it possible that you are TWO years old already!? The time is going by too quickly and you are growing up so fast. You have changed so much during the past year and especially in the last few months. Each day seems even better and more fun with you than the day before. There are so many moments that I wish I could lock away and remember forever and sometimes I wish time would just stand still so I could soak in every single little thing about you.

One of the biggest changes is your vocabulary. It amazes me not only how well you talk but also the things you say! You are talking (almost non-stop) so well, saying everything in nearly complete sentences. You are like a little parrot repeating things you hear and you say out loud almost every thought and action you have. It's so cute listening to you pretend talking on the phone and talking to your baby doll or your Curious George doll. When you are looking for me around the house, after calling out "mommy... mommy... mommy..." multiple times without a reply from me, you'll start calling me by name which comes out "Ainey... .Ainey... Ainey...". Then, I laugh and come find what you need me for. You also like to call daddy by name!

You are such a girly-girl and I LOVE that! I can definitely see a lot of me in you and it makes me excited for how much fun we're going to have in the years to come. You always have a say in what you wear for the day and now that it's summer time, you most often choose to wear a dress or skirt. You really like shoes and generally pick out which shoes you want to wear. Thankfully, you still like wearing bows, too, because your hair is just now starting to really grow. You like to try to dress yourself, which cracks me up to watch, and you like to try on my clothes and shoes. You also like to dig in my bathroom cabinet to find "accessories" like headbands, necklaces and purses. If you sit on the counter while I do my make-up, you have your own routine for applying make-up, too.

You obey really well (for the most part), but can also strong-willed over certain things. You are such a big helper and I am really thankful for that. You like for things to be clean and have recently gained an obsession over dead bugs and being able to sweep them up.You like to shop just about as much as I do and almost daily say "I go shop-shop" even if it's for pretend.

You are SO close to giving up the paci, but still have it for naps, nighttime and sometimes on car rides. When it is bedtime or nap time, you willingly give out hugs and kisses then walk yourself back to your room and lay down without a fight. You typically go to bed by 8 p.m. and sleep about 12 hours, but quietly lay or play in bed until I come get you in the morning. You only nap once a day in the early afternoon and only for 1-1.5 hours.


You are the BEST big sister anyone could ask for and take such good care of Hudson! You call him "Huds" and ask to see him first thing each morning. There hasn't been a single moment of jealously or resentment towards him, me or daddy. You are so sweet and gentle with him. You love to hug him, lay by him, kiss him, hold his hand, and give him a paci if he cries. Hudson is so lucky to have you for an older sister and I am thankful that you have adapted to this addition to our family so well. That has been such a huge blessing to me.

You have brought so much love and happiness into our hearts and home. You are so sweet, silly, sensitive, loving and caring. You mean the world to me and I am forever thankful that I am the one who gets to be your mommy. I pray that I am the best mommy possible for you and that you grow up to know and love God at an early age. 


I love your laugh and your smile. I love your hugs and your kisses. I love your sweet voice and the cute things you say. I simply love you, exactly the way you are, more than you will ever know. And you'll always be my baby girl! So, even though you'll make lots of changes over the months and years to come, my love for you is one things that will never, ever change and I hope you always know that! 

Happy 2nd birthday, baby girl. I love you!!! ~ Love, Mommy



1 comment: