Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hudson: Three Months


In this past month, Hudson's personality has really started to shine through and he's becoming so much more alert. I love this stage of an infant! His schedule has changed during this past month, but seems to be predictable for the time being. Which probably means this week he's going to throw things off and we'll have to find a whole new routine. Isn't that how it usually works? 

For now, he usually wakes up at about 8:00 a.m. and is down for his first nap by 10:00. That nap is usually only about 45 minutes. His longest nap of the day is typically at lunch time for 2-3 hours with two more 45-60 minutes naps later in the day. I am still nursing and he eats every three hours during the day with his last feeding by 8 p.m. He's in bed around 9:00 and wakes to eat once during the night between 4 and 5 in the morning.

His stats for this month are:
Weight: 15 pounds (70th percentile)
Height: 24.5 inches (65th percentile)



In the past month....

He has moved into the crib in his bedroom and has done great sleeping there.

He has started doing tummy time and really enjoys it. He has much more control over his head now.

He found his hands and loves to put them in his mouth!

He recognizes our voices and face and smiles from ear to ear all the time!
This is one of my favorite things about getting him out of bed. As soon as I walk into his room, I start to say "Hudson...." then peek over the edge of his crib and he smiles uncontrollably at me. Melts my heart!!!

He loves to swing! Unlike Savannah, the swing can make him happy if he's crying or just enjoyable when I need to do something.

More fun facts:
~He also discovered his tongue this month and likes sticking it out. 
~He has moved into size 2 diapers and size 3 months clothing.
~He loves to be outside, even though it's too hot (100+ degrees every day) to stay out very long.
~He has become very vocal and his sweet baby coos are my FAVORITE!!
~He absolutely loves watching Savannah. 
~He is no longer swaddled to sleep. We ended that cold-turkey and he has done great.
~He prefers to lay on his side when we lay him in bed.
~He isn't a big fan of the paci. He will sometimes take it when we rock him just before putting him in bed, but usually has spit it out before falling asleep.
~ He now rubs his eyes when he's getting tired.


Sweet Hudson -
Oh, how much love and joy you have added to our little family. We've only known you and held you for three short months, but I cannot imagine life without you. I love to cuddle with you and look into your sweet blue eyes. Your big toothless grin makes everyday perfect. I cherish every moment I have with you and I am so extremely thankful for having such a happy, healthy boy.
I love you forever and ever!
~ Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment