Christmas morning, the kids slept until almost 9:00,
so I was well rested. When Caleb and I went to get them out of bed, Savannah
was so excited to see what Santa had brought.
Hudson wouldn’t pose by the tree with Savannah for a picture, so I just got one of Savannah. And we have a few special ornaments on the tree that Savannah had made this year at school.
Hudson wouldn’t pose by the tree with Savannah for a picture, so I just got one of Savannah. And we have a few special ornaments on the tree that Savannah had made this year at school.
Savannah's foot....
I love this picture of her! On the back was her wish list: baby bottles, games, and shoes.
Savannah's hands...
The gift opening began and it was by far the most fun with
had at Christmas since having kids. The “oooooh’s and ahhh’s” and squeals that
came from Savannah in her
excitement were priceless! Hudson wasn’t
really all that into opening gifts, he just wanted to play with whatever he saw
that Savannah had opened.
Hudson’s ‘big’
gift was a new chair, like the one Savannah
has. And Savannah got a
hand-painted step stool {because she is always stealing my stools}. I think Hudson’s
favorite gift was the Elmo plate, bowl, fork and spoon set. Honestly. He held on
to the fork and spoon like he’d been waiting all year to get them. Savannah’s
favorite gift {aside from the baby bottles that she asked for} was probably the
cash register.
After a fun time opening gifts, we cleaned up the mess of wrapping paper and boxes, then we had to hurry and get ready to head out. Caleb’s extended family always has a big Christmas get together for lunch on Christmas day. This year, it was about 90 minutes from our house. A “winter storm” {aka light snow and heavy ice} was headed towards us, so we hurried out to Caleb’s aunt and uncles house for lunch in hopes of making it home before the roads got bad because it had already been raining since the night before.
After a fun time opening gifts, we cleaned up the mess of wrapping paper and boxes, then we had to hurry and get ready to head out. Caleb’s extended family always has a big Christmas get together for lunch on Christmas day. This year, it was about 90 minutes from our house. A “winter storm” {aka light snow and heavy ice} was headed towards us, so we hurried out to Caleb’s aunt and uncles house for lunch in hopes of making it home before the roads got bad because it had already been raining since the night before.
I had completely forgotten to take my camera, but I don’t think I would have been able to take pictures anyway. It felt like a whirlwind while we were there. About 40 people, 40 loud people, crammed into one house {probably about 1800 sq. ft.} was crazy! We ate, the kids played a little and opened a few small gifts, then we loaded up and headed home. Really, it seemed that fast. We were there less than two hours.
By the time we left, the rain had turned into freezing rain
and about half way home, the roads started to have snow accumulating on them.
It took us over 2 hours to get home, but we were glad to be back where we had about 2 inches of snow.
Savannah was so
excited about the snow so I thought we should take them out in it before it got
dark. Hudson took one step and
slipped, hitting his head on the ground and that was it for him. Caleb took him
inside. Savannah was loving it, but
it was really windy so she had to keep her back to the wind. She only lasted
about 5 minutes before getting too cold.
We spent the rest of the day relaxing
and playing inside with new toys.
The day after Christmas was a rather quiet one for us, which
was nice. After breakfast, I bundled the kids up and went out to play in the
snow again since it wasn’t windy. Hudson
was being a pill and didn’t want to have anything to do with it. Savannah
on the other hand, wanted to make a snow angel. And that’s just what she did.
We went outside one more time after lunch and this time I
had something fun for them to do with the snow. I stole the idea from my friend
Heather to use spray bottles with colored water to “color” the snow. Savannah
and Hudson both loved this, but
still only managed to stay outside for about 15 minutes before complaining of
being cold and wanting to go inside.
After Hudson
took his nap, we went over to Caleb’s parent’s house for dinner and Christmas with
them. Kim cooked a nice steak dinner and the kids had fun opening and playing
with new gifts.
(This was a basketball goal).
By the time I tried to get a picture the kids with Caleb's parents, Savannah was sad about having to leave and Hudson was just tired because it was bedtime so this was the best picture I got.
We had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas with our families. My favorite part of this season was hearing Savannah tell me the Christmas story of Jesus' birth in her own words {which are very accurate}. I meant to video her, but never did. Maybe I will still try even though all of our Christmas stuff is already put away.
No comments:
Post a Comment