Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bed Transition

I feel like a really bad mom. Savannah will be three and a half in just one week and we just now transitioned her crib into a toddler bed. I have been working on plans to update her room into a "big girl" room {I'm making the bedding, curtains, etc.}, completely forgetting to just do this small step in the meantime.

She has never once attempted to climb out of bed and all of my friends kept saying "I'd let her stay in the crib as long as possible" and I think I took that a little too far. But today was a big day for her. She had been asking "when am I going to have a bed without bars on it?" {bless her heart!} and we finally made that happen this week.

She is beyond excited. I mean, seriously, super-duper excited! The first two nights, when it got dark outside, she said "I'm ready to go sleep in my big girl bed" {even though it was 2 hours until bedtime}. And now that she doesn't have 'bars' on her bed, she is able to get out of bed to go potty when she needs to. Which means no more pull-ups! Why, oh why, did I wait so long to make this transition?! 

{She is a wild sleeper, so we still need to have the guard rail on.}
 


And the best part of it all, she still stays in bed {other than getting out to potty} until I come get her in the mornings. How did I get such a great child? From night one, she has gone to bed and stayed without a problem. She is so wonderful!

Hopefully I will have her bedding and stuff finished soon and I'll post pictures of her room make-over when it's complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment