The parade lasted just under an hour and it was a really good parade! Hudson sat perfectly sit through the whole thing. He was mesmerized by it all. Savannah was excited about everything. The dancers, the horses, the ambulance and fire truck, the music, everything! The expressions on her face as she watched each thing was so fun to watch. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures or videos.
Savannah saw one person in the parade that she knows. A man that works in our church nursery, Mr. Ronnie. He works in the 12-24 month-old class and was the one person Savannah would willingly go to each Sunday during her "stranger anxiety" phase. She has loved him ever since. And Hudson loves Mr. Ronnie just as much {although he doesn't have stranger anxiety}.
When Savannah saw Mr. Ronnie in the parade, her little face lit up. On our way home, I asked her about all the things she saw in the parade. Then I asked her what her favorite part was, to which she replied "Mr. Ronnie! And then Santa." Mr. Ronnie sure does have a way with my kiddos and holds a special place in their hearts, for sure.
Since the Sherman parade was such a hit, I took Savannah to our little town's parade today. Parker and Landon came with us, while my mom stayed home so Hudson could take his nap {Caleb was at a work event}. This time I took my camera. The parade was rather lame though, lasting a mere 20 minutes, and having nothing great to remember.
We saw Mrs. Clause when the parade was over and she let Savannah take a picture with her.
After the parade, Savannah's little school preformed a couple of songs in front of all the people there for the parade. She might not sing the loudest, but I sure was proud of her!
Savannah and her sweet friend, Ranly.
No comments:
Post a Comment