Today was the last day of school for 2012 and both kids had Christmas parties at their school. Hudson had miss out on his due to being sick {more on that in an upcoming post}, but I went to Savannah's.
She had a book gift exchange with her classmates before enjoying a little pizza party.
Ranly loves to give Savannah hugs!
Savannah loves Ms. Cheryl
Ms. Amy is so sweet!
Savannah and Ranly giving good-bye hugs.
That evening, was her school's Christmas performance and we invited family to come watch. When we got to the church, the sanctuary was packed! Literally standing room only... and in the balcony! =( I was bummed because I really wanted to get pictures and video, so I managed to find one empty seat up close to the front.
By the time Savannah's class took the stage, I decided to go sit on the floor of an aisle to get good pictures and video.
The family who came to watch:
{L to R: Landon, my mom, my grandma, Parker, Abby, and my dad}
{L to R: Landon, my mom, my grandma, Parker, Abby, and my dad}
Here is the video. Listen closely to the end of the second clip and hear a little boy give a "shout out" to Caleb {aka Dr. Braddock}.
After the music program, there was cookie fellowship in the
gym. And with that was a silent auction. Each class had made a table runner
using handprints and/or footprints of the children in the class and then
decorated into something SUPER cute!
All bidding started at $25.00 and I was the first one to bid on the table runner made by Savannah’s class. And I ended up being the only bidder, so I won this nativity scene table runner for $25.00. “Mary” was Savannah’s footprint. The names of each student are written beside each hand/foot print.
I’m not sure I was able to get pictures of all the table runners, but I tried. Every class had done such a cute runner!
And this one, made by using the fingerprints of the students
ended up auctioning off for the most money of them all. Any guesses on how much the highest bidder
paid for this?
Four hundred dollars! I even saw him writing the check for
it. I really like the one Savannah’s
class did, but there is no way I would have paid anywhere close to that for it. Sorry, WEE School.
Which table runner is your favorite?
No comments:
Post a Comment