Back towards the beginning of the summer, I came across a page on Facebook titled Please Pray for Rosalie. It was for a little girl who appeared to be close to the same age as Savannah and she had nearly drown in a pool on June 6th, this year. It caught my attention for a few reasons and I have been keeping up with her story and progress.
According the doctors, she was not suppose to live through the first 24 hours, but she did. She ended up spending 3 months in the hospital and beating all odds. She was finally able to go home because there was nothing more the medical staff could do, but she is still in a coma. Her mom recounts some of the miracles that have happened, things that the doctors can't explain or said would never happen. The faith and trust in God that Rosalie's mom has demonstrated through this situation she is facing is very humbling and inspiring.
Here is a recent post from Rosalie's mom:

Thank you Father for another day with
Rosalie!! Today I share with you all a piece of this journey that no one
but family has seen. I feel now that God is leading me to share this
part of our story because it is such a testament to our Lord and Savior. How he is still the God that heals and how he has had
Rosalie in his arms this whole time. This first picture was taken on
June 20th, around 15 days after her accident. For those of you who do
not know, She was admitted with no heart beat. As I laid on the floor in
the waiting room, The Dr came back in after about 30 minutes and said
“we can still find no heart beat but the Dr working on her is not giving
up. We cried out to God to bring her back to us, “give her a heart beat
again Lord”. About 5 minutes later the Dr came in and said that she has
a heart beat!! Praise God!! The next 15 days we went through what I
would call a parents worst nightmare. Pretty much every organ and ever
number on the monitor failed. On June 20th I think we hit what we would
call “rock bottom” with Rosalie. At this point we had felt the peace of
God that he was in control even if Rosalie was on DNR, if her heart was
to stop we trusted God that he was in control. She had a rough day that
whole day, towards the end of the day we noticed that her heart rate
and blood pressures were starting to drop lower and lower as the day
went on. Since she was on DNR there was not going to be any medical
intervention. I remember when her blood pressure was 29/12 the Dr came
in and told us that she would pass at any moment. The nurses all closed
the curtains and left the room. Everyone gathered around her bed placing
hands on her little body telling God that we trusted Him. I remember
when her blood pressure was that Low we started to sing “I love you
Lord”, In the midst of us singing we looked at the monitor and with no
medical intervention the next blood pressure read was 86/45. We all
began to laugh and cry because our God is so much bigger than the
numbers, what the Dr’s and even what we anticipated to happen. The 2nd
picture is of Rosalie now. I didn’t share this picture at the time
because it was too hard, but now I feel that everyone needs to see how
great, loving, kind, peaceful, faithful and awesome our God is. He is
the alpha and the omega!! He is the way the truth and the life. He is
bigger than this world and “With God NOTHING shall be impossible” God
tells us in his word that we just have to proclaim our faith and trust
in him and he will take care of the rest. “Trust in the Lord with all
your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways
acknowledge him and he will make your path straight” Proverbs 3:5-6 God
and God alone brought our sweet Rosalie back to us that day and through
him and him alone is why she has over come so so many things that we
were told she never would. Thank all of you for all your prayers I know
God hears us all and is bit by bit bringing our sweet Rosalie back to
us. I’m glad that you all let me share my life, Rosalie’s story and most
of all our love for Jesus Christ. Thank you! I hope that by this
picture it can bring some peace to know that God is bigger than this
world, even near death. I know by accepting him, have a relationship
with him and living by his word daily, laying everything at his feet,
that there is a hope in heaven and nothing on this earth can touch that
hope when I trust in My Lord and savior. Love you all and God bless!
I told Caleb about Rosalie's story and we began praying for her everyday. We also told Savannah about Rosalie's accident and that we were praying for God to make her better. Now that Rosalie is home and making improvements everyday, we are praying for God to open her eyes. As a mom, I know how much that would mean to me, especially after 6 months! Rosalie's mom explains that the sign of healing in Rosalie began in her toes, literally, and the signs of healing have just been working their way up her little body. Most recently, Rosalie has regained the dilation of her eyes.
This morning, I was helping Savannah get dressed so we could go play with some friends. I've been trying to reinforce in her the fact that God loves her and made her just the way she is. So we were talking about how God loves us when she said to me "Hey mom, do you want to talk to God?" I said "yes" and she said "Okay, let's pray." Then, she sat on the floor next to me, held both of my hands and said "Dear God, please help Rosalie feel better. Amen."
Tears filled my eyes as I thought how thankful I am that even at 3.5 years old, she is understanding how to pray and to pray for others. I hope that she always has an eager heart to pray and talk to God. Especially when doing it on others behalf.
Please keep Rosalie and her family in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment