Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Family Pictures 2012

When the leaves started to change colors this year, I knew I needed to hurry and book an appointment for our family pictures. I always seem to miss the prettiest colors and it happened again this year. Caleb was out of town one weekend, it rained the following weekend and then before I knew it, half the leaves had fallen to the ground. 

Being November, I planned all of our outfits with long sleeves and by the time we finally got to have our pictures taken, it was 75 degrees outside! I got a little toasty in my sweater and working like a crazy person trying to get my kids to smile at the camera.

Savannah had been excited to have her picture taken all morning, but when it came time for her to smile, she didn't want to have anything to do with it. And when she would smile, it was the goofiest smile I had ever seen. In fact, it was a smile I had never seen from her! She was tucking her top lip under her teeth, making it look like she had no top teeth. Finally, after over 30 minutes of trying to get a 'normal' smile, she gave us a few.




 



Hudson was just in a mood. And it wasn't a happy one. Not only did he not want anything to do with having his picture taken, he didn't want to have anything to do with anyone. Except for me, maybe. I think his teeth were bothering him. The same ones that have been waiting to pop through for nearly a month! He kept his head down most of the time and had a very serious, pouty look going on. I finally had to bribe him with a sucker. {Notice Savannah's odd smile?}

 

Savannah found her sweet side again and tried really hard to love on her brother to make him happy. 



It must have been good for both of them. He loosened up and we ended up getting some really good pictures.





Getting the picture of our whole family wasn't so easy because Hudson would only not throw a fit if I was holding him and Savannah kept having mood swings.

And knowing how much Hudson hates holding hands, I'm amazed we were able to do this one:

But, 7.5 years and 2 kids later, I love this man more than ever and am so thankful for him!


So that is the story on how we got our annual family pictures taken this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment