That afternoon, Caleb picked her up from school and her teacher told him that she did not like Santa. In fact, he had peeked in the window of their classroom and Savannah caught a glimpse of him. She buried her head in her hands and started to cry. So when it came time to sit on his lap for a picture, the teacher knew they stood no chance of her doing that.
Luckily, they knew this would be the case with more than just my child, so they had a back up plan. And this is the picture we ended up getting:
Isn't it cute? She never even knew he was there! When I showed her the picture, she acted a little confused...and concerned.
This incident at school made me a little nervous about taking her to see the Santa we usually go see, but we made plans to do it anyways.
On our way to see our "usual" Santa, I was trying to reinforce how nice Santa is and that she would just have to sit on his lap for one minute and smile for a pretty picture. My "pep-talk" seemed to be working, but I know from experience that it can all change once she actually sees Santa. Remember how it went last year? I knew there was nothing I could do to 'help' Hudson enjoy the experience and I really had no idea if he would love it or hate it. I was hoping that if Savannah did good, he would just go with the flow.
We only had to stand in line for about 15 minutes and then it was our turn! Caleb carried Hudson and I carried Savannah over to Santa's lap. Everything was going smoothly and I just wanted to hurry with the snapping of the camera before the kids realized what was going on and possibly have a melt down.
All my nerves got worked up for nothing! Savannah sat so perfectly with a pretty smile and Hudson just sat still with a curious look on his face.
And then, Savannah even talked to Santa to tell him she wanted baby doll bottles for Christmas. And since Hudson can't tell him what he wants, Savannah told Santa he wanted Elmo.
I was pretty proud of my little munchkins and love the pictures we got!
And lastly, Caleb had Santa visit with his patients at the office one day the week before Christmas. I took the kids by to say 'hi' and Savannah was happy to have her picture taken with him.
Hudson wasn't feeling good, so he only wanted me to hold him. That's why we ended up getting a family picture taken.
And lastly, Caleb had Santa visit with his patients at the office one day the week before Christmas. I took the kids by to say 'hi' and Savannah was happy to have her picture taken with him.

Hudson wasn't feeling good, so he only wanted me to hold him. That's why we ended up getting a family picture taken.

No comments:
Post a Comment