Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bows

Well, as I mentioned in a previous post, Savannah no longer likes for things to touch her head. And I mean nothing! Not the cute little hats I have for her, not the hoods on her little jackets, or blankets when I try to keep her bald head warm. And this also includes her headbands/bows. She has learned to pull it all off. I try to tell her 'no' and move her hand away, but she doesn't listen. I find myself trying to quickly sneak a bow on her head before she sees it in my hand or realizes what I am doing. As soon as she "accidentally" touches her head and feels the headband, she pulls it off immediately.

Sunday, she was wearing a super cute dress with a bow to match. As soon as church started, I see her pulling at it. I fix it and move her hand away. Within a matter of seconds, she was pulling at it again and managed to get it off. She seemed relieved, I seemed defeated. The man behind us found it to be funny.

This wasn't the first time this has happened recently. Nope, it pretty much happens every single time she has a bow on now. Sometimes, I'm lucky and she doesn't "feel" it for a while, but once she does, all hope for her wearing a bow that day is lost. I guess I should have known this would happen. For as long as she has worn bows, people would ask me, "she doesn't pull it off?" I would just smile and say "no." Too bad that's not the case any more.

With such pretty weather on Sunday and Savannah looking ever so cute, Caleb and I took her outside to our front yard to take a few pictures. I ran to her diaper bag where I had placed her bow during church. I thought to myself, "It's just for a few minutes, for a few pictures...it completes her look..." and with that, I grabbed the bow. Caleb did manage to get a few cute pictures with her bow on before the inevitable happened. She wanted that bow OFF! So, here are moment by moment pictures of her doing what she does best: pulling the bow off!

The realization that there is a bow on her head. You can see it in her eyes...
...her little fist has a tight hold and she smiles as I say "Savannah, no."...
...she's pulling hard...


...looking at me and smiling as if she knows I don't want her to do this....


....I'm sure she's thinking 'Just. Get. It. Off.'....


...she pulled the bow off and now just has to get rid of the headband...


...at last, her head is bow-less...


...and she makes the silly face that she does all the time...

My sweet little Savannah, why, oh why, do you insist on pulling those cute bows off? I have bows that you haven't even worn yet, so hopefully you'll grow to love them again soon!

2 comments:

  1. She's PRECIOUS, Amy!! You're such a good mom!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you, Kat! I hope you can meet her soon. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete