Sunday, January 31, 2010

Church and Family

Last Sunday, our church moved into their new building, but since we were on vacation, today was our first time to be in the new church building. Along with this new move, we thought it was time (or past time) to make another move by letting Savannah go to the nursery during the church service. We had never done this before because she's really good and quiet during church until recently. She's been a bit more squirmy and wants to play or distract the people around us. 

The new church is so nice! The old building had reached the limits with three services and still running out of seats for people. The Sunday school rooms were small. The nursery was small. The hall areas were always crammed full of people. But now, now we all have room to move around and space to grow. With 700 seats in the sanctuary and two services. A nice big stage for the musicians and pastor. A HUGE nursery and classrooms for the kids. A very open and spacious hall area..complete with lounge chairs, tables and a coffee bar! I snapped a few pictures, but they don't really do it justice. 
(They are blurry because I had Savannah in one arm while trying to take these. And for some reason, Blogger isn't uploading the pictures of the children's area or the outside, so I'll try to add those later.)

The Sanctuary
The Coffee Bar
The Entry Hall


We attended the second service (10:45) and headed over to the nursery. Filled out the necessary form with our names, phone number, etc. Then met the sweet ladies working in the nursery and informed them that I nurse Savannah, so there was no bottle. I also let them know that she might be really tired because she had been awake since 8:45 and this would normally be her nap time. Then, I handed Savannah over and quickly stepped away before she could turn around to see me leave. I was then given a little pager by one of the nursery workers and she told me that it was programmed for them to be able to send one of the following messages: "Child Fine" or "Child Hungry" or "Please Come". 

There is a big flat screen t.v. outside the nursery area that shows live video feed of each room. I took a peak at the t.v. of the room I just left Savannah in and she was being held, looking around and seemed fine. With that, I headed into the service. About 20 minutes later, the pager vibrated with the message "Child Fine". I smiled, showed Caleb, and had peace of mind that she would be fine and do great! No other messages came across the pager until about 10 minutes before the end of the service and this time it read "Please Come". I grabbed my purse and made my way to the nursery. 


Savannah was being held, had her paci and wasn't crying, but when I saw her face, it was red and I could tell she had been crying pretty hard. The nursery worker explained to me that she had been crying and they had been trying for a few minutes to calm her down, but they knew when enough was enough and that she just needed me. As soon as she saw me, she reached out for me and I gave her a big hug. That put a smile on her face and she was just fine. She did, however, fall asleep before we were even on the highway when we left church.

From church, we headed over to my parents. My mom had invited the whole family over for an Italian lunch after church since my dad and brother were in town from working in El Paso. It's always great when we are all together. My parents, my five brothers, my sister and sister-in-law, my husband and baby, and both of my grandmas. It's a big crowd and we're all spread out when it comes time to each, but never the less, a great time! Enjoy the pictures!


Savannah, me and Kevin
Uncle Kevin

Uncle Jason

My mom

My dad

Uncle Landon

My grandma


No comments:

Post a Comment