Savannah got so many fun things for Christmas, but I'll be honest, about half of them are still in their boxes in a spare bedroom because our living room floor is already covered with toys. And because I planned to make these toys last until her birthday in June, so I don't want to have them all out now and her be bored with them in two months or something. But since Savannah is teething (we are so ready for some teeth to pop through!) I did get out one of her stocking stuffers today.
It's called a mesh feeder and it allows you to out food in it for the baby to chew on. I suppose you can use it just for snacks without having to worry about your baby choking on a big chunk of something, but we are using it for her teething right now. Therefore, I'm using frozen food since the cold is suppose to feel good on her toothless gums. Because Savannah doesn't seem to be very interested in baby food (more on that in another post), I wasn't sure if she'd even bother chewing on this mesh feeder. I put a cube of frozen mango into the feeder and handed it to her. She instantly put it in her mouth (as she does with everything), then pulled it out to look at it before chewing on it some more. She set it down a few times, but grabbed it on her own to stop chewing on it again. She LOVES it!! She chewed on it for about 15 minutes until the mango cube was about half gone. Maybe I should use this to introduce more foods to her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment