Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

That's just what it did here in north Texas today. And not just the usual kind of snow that us Texans are used to, either. You know, the kind that doesn't fall long enough to cover the grass. Or even if it does, it doesn't stick because the ground is too warm. Or if it does stick, it melts by the end of the day. But not the snow we got today. This snow.... it's like a north Texas blizzard! It started snowing around 7:00 is morning. I was still in bed then, but Caleb was at work and that is when he says it started. And last I looked, at 9:00 tonight, it was still snowing. For over 14 hours, it has been snowing. I'm not sure how many inches it has accumulated to, but the weather man said by the time it's over (around midnight tonight) we could have as many as 8 inches on the ground! The bad news is, the snow on the roads that melted from traffic will freeze into a sheet of ice over night, so the roads are expected to be pretty bad in the morning.

Here is our "Winter Wonderland"


This morning, Savannah and I spent a little while snuggled under a blanket on the couch before she took her morning nap. At lunch time, Caleb and I took her outside to document this big snow day. She sure was interested in the snow, but didn't really know what to think about it. Many of the neighborhood kids were outside having snowball fights and sledding. Families were building snowmen and igloos. Dogs running around and chasing the kids. So much fun and laughter all around. We didn't stay out long, but here are a few pictures.

This winter sure has been much colder than we're used to and has included several snowy days, but today tops them all! We sure did enjoy the thick, white blanket of snow and it's sure to stick around longer than it normally does here. So, I will probably take my little snow bunny back out to play tomorrow. But for tonight, she is in her bed, asleep, all nice and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment