Thursday, February 18, 2010

Play Date

Savannah and I got invited to our first mommy and baby play date this week. The host, Jamie, graduated high school with Caleb and I've known Jamie since the time Caleb and I were dating. When I was pregnant, I was often on a message board online called 'The Bump'. It was on that site (the local board) that I came across a post from Jamie and realized she was also pregnant. At that time, Caleb and I had not told anyone that we were expecting. But I called Jamie and through that phone call, we found out that we had the same due date of June 17. She and I kept in touch via email on a very regular basis about all things baby and pregnancy. She ended up going into labor on June 7 and of course Savannah came on the 16th.

Jamie and her super cute baby boy, Langston, were great hosts! There were 8 sets of moms and babies; 5 boys and 3 girls. All the ladies were so nice and the babies, aging from 2 to 9 months, were so cute! It was nice being around so many other moms. Getting the chance to compare how other moms do things when it comes to napping, feeding, etc. Langston had a lot of fun toys for every one to play with and once Savannah warmed up to being there, she sure did enjoy playing with the toys and children her size. We both had such a good time and hope to attend another mommy-baby play date soon!

Our hosts, Jamie and Langston.

Savannah and Langston


Reid, Savannah and Langston

The whole group.



1 comment: